Getting Started DIY
- The Institution module is where you manage the identity of your school. Before you setup the main Configuration section on the Dashboard, you need to administer the configuration settings in the Institution Tab. Only Admin users can configure the Institution Tab, all other users will only be able to adjust their own My Account settings like user name and password.
- Basic Info & Stats: This section lists the name of your school. This is also where the system picks up your school name for use on documents such as Transcripts and other areas.
- PURL (Personalized URL: This is where you can change the PURL for your school if required.
- Contact Info: This section lists the 1st Level Main Technical Contact for your school.
- The Locations module allows you to edit your locations. Note: You must contact Support to add locations.
- Add or Edit: Add of Edit existing locations such as updating address or contact information.
- Taxes: Amperea is a Canadian Corporation and as such is required to charge a GST (Goods and Services Tax) or HST (Harmonized Sales Tax). If your location is exempt from GST/HST tax you can also specify this by clicking GST/HST exempt otherwise you will be charged the applicable taxation rates.
- A credit card for each location is required on file for monthly billing purposes.
- Transaction History: You can also find all the financial transactions for locations here.
- You may add, edit and delete users as needed. If a user has become disabled you may enable them by clicking on the 'Lock' icon. This will reset their password and email it to them. Other users (e.g. staff, educators, students) can be found within the ampEducator application.
- There are 2 Admin user types, 'Admin' which provides total access to the complete application and 'Location Admin' which provides total access (with the exception of configuration and templates) to the location they are assigned.
- User Preferences: A global user preference currently available is 'Data List Manual Submit'. This allows users to select multiple filters in Table List View and then select a 'GO' button. Otherwise each time a pull down menu is selected the list will automatically sort. The 'GO' button will only appear if the check box is selected. Note: You will also need to log out and log back in again for the change to take effect.
- This is where you establish global preferences in the ampEducator application. You can set preferences such as defaults for individual sections in the Configuration section of ampEducator.
- Logo & Colour Scheme: You can customize the look of ampEducator by uploading your own logo and setting the main colour. You logo should be a JPEG file and the background of the logo should be #eeeeee for proper blending. You can choose to put a border around your logo if the background is any other colour. You can also select the overall colour scheme for the application.
- PURL: You can customize the PURL used by staff and students to access your ampEducator by changing the value here. Short simple PURLS work best. Note that PURLs can't contain any spaces, can't be longer than 15 characters and must use only letters (i.e. a-z). PURLs are not case sensitive.
- Web Services: ampEducator has built-in support for Web Services. Web services for ampEducator are custom applications that we build for you to allow your existing systems to integrate (pass data back and forth) directly to ampEducator using the Internet as the “network” with or without human intervention. For more detailed information on this feature please visit the API Guide.
- Other: Here you can set global preferences in the application. You can speficy to have Province, State or Country pulldown fields auto-generated specifically to Canada, US or International settings and the currency type to be used in ampEducator.
- Please note: Not all the tasks here are required! The implementation guide lists everything you can do with ampEducator. You are not required and may not need everything that is listed here. This guide is to help you allocate time and resources with links to the How Do I Guide. By following this plan and allocating 20 minutes a day with your staff - you will be able to successfully get started with our product. If you need help at any time - don't be afraid to ask! We're here to help!
To get started as quickly as possible follow this list in order. To return to this list simply click the 'BACK' button on your browser.