Interface and Navigation
- The Dashboard is really just the Main Menu of the ampEducator system. Admin users will see all the sections. Depending on your user access you will see more or less sections on the Dashboard. Each of the sections are accessible by clicking on the title next to the icon identifying the section. You can customize what appears on the Dashboard by turning widgets on or off in the My Account Tab. The other Tabs shown are Institution, Calendar, Announcements, Email and Manual.
- The navigation is very straight forward in ampEducator - essentially when you want to access something you simply highlight and click on it. Do not use the browser 'Refresh' or 'Reload' buttons as this may cause unexpected results in ampEducator. When reviewing this Guide it is important to understand the basic terminology used by Amperea Software to describe the 5 main components relating to navigation in ampEducator. These terms are as follows:
- Sections: These are listed on the Dashboard (Students, Prospective Students, Programs, Courses, etc.)
- Modules: These are the icon items across the top of a section.
- Menus: These are the underlined items below the module items.
- Sub-menus: These are the icon items under the main header of the page in the content area.
- Tabs: Technically, these are field sets but in ampEducator the parts of a form are called tabs - these are all part of the same form when they appear.
- Please make note of the SAVE action located at the top right hand side of the content area. When making changes to the Tabs within the content area it is very important to click save or changes will be lost.
- Tables are used throughout the ampEducator application to list data. Below is a brief outline of common attributes to table navigation in ampEducator:
- Bulk Selection: Check the box at the top left hand corner to select all.
- Sort Columns Ascending/Descending: Click the column title to sort up or down.
- Table Hyperlink: To speed navigation, hyperlink shortcuts are often used and are indicated in light blue text.
- Column Filter: Sorts the column by selection choice.
- Table Filter: Sorts the entire table by selection choice.
- Table Search: Search prospective and student table data by Name, Phone or Email. Other tables by alpha and/or numeric keyword.
- Table Actions: To determine what an action icon does, simply mouse over the icon and a descriptive pop-up box will appear.
- Table Buttons: To apply functions from a table button, check one or multiple boxes from table rows and then click the button.
- Forms are also commonly used throughout the ampEducator application. Form content areas are bounded by a box and it is important to remember to click the SAVE action located at the top right hand corner when changes are made. The forms are composed of many different kinds on data input fields. Other than the typical text box, text area, select list (aka pull down menu), and check/radio boxes found in most software applications, ampEducator also employs the use of some unique data entry tools. These are outlined briefly below:
- Calendars: These pop-up calendars are used whenever a Date needs to be entered into ampEducator in order to keep dates consistent and in the same format to avoid user errors.
- Add Item and Edit: These are used to speed navigation and cut down on the number of clicks required to enter data.
<< Previous or Next >> Categories
- Previous << Launching the Application
- How to access the application and login.
- Next >> Configuration
- This is where you set up the application for use.